Participating providers use a list of preferred medications when they write prescriptions. This preferred list is the KFHC drug formulary.
Although a medication is available on the formulary, it does not guarantee the physician will prescribe it. There are some limitations that may apply to the listed medications, such as the reason your doctor prescribed the medication, your age or other medical conditions you may have.
Attention KHS providers: If the prescription is not on the KFHC formulary, you may submit a Prior Authorization Request Form. To download this document, click on the link below.
- 2021 KFHC drug formulary (pdf).
- Prescription Drug Prior Authorization Request Form (TAR) 61-211 (SB 282).
- Request for Addition or Deletion of a Drug to KHS Formulary.
Medi-Cal RX carve out information**
**Please note, DHCS has delayed the transition to Medi-Cal RX from January 1, 2021 to April 1, 2021
- Medi-Cal RX Options for PA Submission Guide - January 2021
- Changes to Pharmacy Provider Self-Attestation Process Coming in 2021
- Medi-Cal RX 90-Day Pharmacy Notice
- MCP Prescriber Registration and Training Message
- Registration Quick Start Job Aid
- Medi-Cal RX Training Information and Schedule
- Medi-Cal RX Support Services and Key Payer Sheet
- Medi-Cal RX NCPDP Standard Payer Sheet - Updated 10.22.2020
- Medi-Cal RX Prescribers Communication
- How to Access the Contract Drug List (CDL) from DHCS Medi-Cal Homepage
- Provider Bulletin
- Provider Bulletin (11.09.2020)
- Main DHCS Medi-Cal Rx page
- DHCS Rx Transition education and training site (Includes how to register and training videos)
- DHCS site- Pharmacy Provider Manual with the contract drug list (like a formulary--scroll down to see “Contract Drug List”)
- DHCS Rx Transition FAQ