Welcome to Kern Family Health Care (KFHC). Taking the following steps can help you make the most of your new coverage:
New member information
We want you to have all the help you need to get started with KFHC. As a new member, you should receive a phone call from one of our Member Services Representatives as well as a member ID card and new member packet in the mail within two weeks of starting coverage with KFHC.
Be sure to keep your member ID card in a safe place. You must present your member ID card at every medical appointment and prescription pickup. Please contact us immediately if you lose or need to replace your ID card.
You also can access important member materials here on our website:
The KFHC Member Portal makes it easy for you to view important healthcare information and change your healthcare preferences.
Through our secure portal, you'll be able to:
- View your eligibility and benefits.
- Request, view or print your member ID card.
- View your primary care provider (PCP) or request a change.
- Update your personal information.
- View your referral and prescription authorizations.
To sign up for the KFHC Member Portal, follow these instructions:
Have your KFHC Member ID Card ready. You will need your KFHC Member ID number, your first and last name as it appears on your card, and your date of birth. Click here to be taken to the Member Portal Login page.
If you have a smart phone, you can download LiNK, the KFHC Member Portal app and register for your new account from there. LiNK is available FREE through the Apple App Store and in Google Play! Download the app and have your KFHC information and benefits at your fingertips at all times!
With these 5 easy steps you can create your own Member Portal account and receive your FREE $10.00 gift card!
- Click on the "Register Account" button.
- A license agreement will appear and prompt you to read it. Please do so, then click the box to "Accept" and then click "Next" to create your account.
- Fill in the fields with your information. If you have other health coverage, please complete this field. Note that fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required to move to the next step. You will also see the type of gift card you will receive. If more than one choice of retailer is available, please select one prior to clicking "Next".
- Create your personal log in. You will be required to create a Username and Password, enter your email address, and select 3 security questions. Once you complete this page, click "Next" and you will be prompted to check that the information you entered is correct.
- If correct, click "Finish".
- If anything isn't correct, click "Previous" so you can fix it and then click "Next".
- Once you click "Finish" you will be automatically logged into your account!
Take as much time as you like to review your information and all the helpful tools and features available to you. We would appreciate your feedback on your experience, so before you log out, please take a minute to tell us how you like your KFHC Member Portal by clicking on the "Give Us Your Feedback" link found in your Quick Links menu.
Your KFHC Member Portal will have a new tool where you can log in to see your medical data. This page will include your past medical appointments, your pharmacy history, and lab tests. You will also have the choice to download and print your data.
Choosing your PCP is an important step in your healthcare journey. You and all other KFHC-covered members in your family must choose a PCP within 30 days of becoming a member. If you don't choose a PCP, we will select one for you.
You must choose a KFHC-approved provider to be your PCP. You can visit the online Provider Directory to see a list of approved PCPs while logged into your Member Portal account.
Changing your PCP is easy when you log into your KFHC Member Portal account. You can select a different provider, and request the change from there.
You can also call Member Services to change your PCP and for assistance selecting a PCP. Member Services is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm except for some holidays. You may call:
To see a specialist, you'll need a referral from your PCP, who will then submit a referral authorization request to KFHC. It may take between three to five days for us to process the referral request.
To see an OB-GYN, you can schedule an appointment with any of our approved providers (English and Spanish) without obtaining prior approval from KFHC or your PCP.
Schedule your IHA
Once you've selected your PCP, you should schedule your initial health assessment (IHA) with him or her. An IHA is a basic physical exam that acquaints your PCP with your healthcare needs.
You and all other KFHC covered members in your family must have an IHA within 120 days of becoming new members. We'll send you a free gift when you complete your IHA within this time frame.
If you need help scheduling your IHA, call Member Services: