Kern Family Health Care (KFHC) covers the Enhanced Care Management (ECM) services for members that are eligible. These services are to help connect doctors, behavioral health services and community-based services.
You may be called if the ECM program is right for you. You can also call us or speak to your doctor or health site staff to see if you are able to join ECM services.
Covered ECM services
ECM will link you to a care person who you can call and a care team that will work with you to connect any gaps in care with your health care doctors, specialists, pharmacists, and others on the health team you see for care.
- Finding doctors
- Making office visits for you
- Explaining the medicines you use
- Getting help with housing
- Setting up a ride to your doctor visits
- Making after hospital care visits for you
There is no cost to KFHC members to use ECM services.
You can join our ECM services if you are:
- If you are at this time homeless, or you might become homeless;
- If you have health issues that are not controlled, and you neeed to go to the hospital or emergency department many times i the last 6 months;
- If you have a serious mental illness or struggle with drug or alcohol use;
- If you were released from jail or prison not that long ago and need help adjusting to living in the town you live in now;
- If your health care doctor has mentioned that you have a learning or developmental disability and can use other ECM services;
- if you are an adult living in the county and are at risk of being placed in long-term care;
- If you are in an adult nursing center and want to live safely in the community.
If you are using hospice care or you use any care under the 1915 (c) waiver program you are not able to use ECM services at this time.
You can call us at 1.800.391.2000 to find out if ECM is right for you.
- KFHC Enhanced Care Management Brochure (English/Spanish)