Kern Family Health Care (KFHC) covers the Enhanced Care Management (ECM) services for members that are eligible. These services are to help coordinate physical health services, behavioral health services and community-based services.
You may be contacted if you qualify for the program. You can also call KFHC or speak to your doctor or clinic staff to see if you qualify.
Covered ECM services
ECM will give you a care coordinator and care team that will work with you and your health care providers, such as your doctors, specialists, pharmacists, and others, to coordinate your care.
The ECM care team can help you in many ways including finding doctors and getting an appointment, better understanding your prescriptions, getting help with housing, setting up a ride to get to your doctor visits, and getting follow-up care after you leave the hospital.
Cost to member
There is no cost to the member for ECM services.
You may be eligible for ECM if any of the below apply to you. You can contact KFHC to find out if ECM is available to you.
- If you are currently homeless, or you might become homeless;
- If you have difficult health issues and you have needed to go to the hospital or emergency department many times over the last six months;
- If you have a serious mental illness or struggle with drug or alcohol use;
- If you were recently released from jail or prison and need help returning to living in the community;
Members do not qualify to receive the ECM benefit if they are receiving hospice services.
- KFHC Enhanced Care Management Brochure (English/Spanish)