We believe that all people deserve high-quality healthcare—regardless of their income. To help make that possible, we give our members access to exceptional providers and health services.
At Kern Family Health Care (KFHC), we're honored to serve more Medi-Cal eligible members in Kern County than any other plan.* Discover how our plan works and learn why so many of your neighbors and friends choose KFHC for their healthcare needs.
*According to the 2019 Managed Care Min Max Enrollment Reports released by the California Department of Health Care Services.
Your plan coverage includes:
- Doctor visits and preventive care.
- Prescription drugs.
- Hospital care.
- Alcohol and substance abuse services.
- Vision care (includes eye exams and eyeglasses for people under age 21).
- Mental health services.
- Women's health services and maternity care.
- Emergency room care (includes out-of-area locations in the U.S. as well as Mexico and Canada).
- Family planning.
- Specialty care.
The KFHC plan offers everything covered under Medi-Cal, as well as the following:
- An expansive provider network. Choose from more than 800 healthcare providers, many urgent cares and 10 local hospitals. Additionally, our telehealth services enable you to speak with a specialist without having to travel far from home.
- Fast medical advice. Because medical issues can happen anywhere, anytime, we offer a 24-hour Advice Nurse Line to help you figure out the level of care your condition may require. And should you need an emergency room or urgent care, our plan requires no prior authorization to use these walk-in services.
- Interpreter services. We offer health education and interpreter services in most languages, including sign language.
- Behavioral health services. We give you access to outpatient psychotherapy and psychiatric consultations as well as treatment for autism spectrum disorder.
- Chiropractic services. You can access treatment from providers at federally qualified health centers and rural health clinics.
- Eyeglasses for adults. We cover frames, lenses and contacts for adults over 21 years of age.
- Transportation. If you do not have transportation, we can help you get to and from your medical appointments.
- LiNK. Mobile app where you can check your eligibility with KFHC, view and print your KFHC Member ID Card, change your doctor, view health records and much more.
Interested in joining Kern Family Health Care? Learn how to apply.