Kern Family Health Care School Wellness Grant Program
Kern Health Systems dba Kern Family Health Care (KFHC) is committed to improving the health status of our members and our community through an integrated managed health care delivery system. Since 2015, KFHC has been funding schools wellness grant programs throughout the county and these programs have demonstrated success with decreasing obesity, improvement of physical fitness, and increasing student knowledge around nutrition, physical activity and safety. To continue assisting KFHC in fulfilling its commitment towards a healthier Kern County, KFHC will award up to 6 public schools in Kern County grant funding to implement a school wellness program that will engage students and stakeholders in activities that promote and support the physical, social, emotional and behavioral health and wellbeing among students and their families.
Up to $35,000
April 9, 2019
Award Announcement Date
June 15, 2019
July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020
· Program Lead must participate in monthly meetings to discuss the progress of the grant funded program and at least four of these meetings will be in-person at the school. It is highly recommended that key staff identified in the school’s work plan and grant application attend these meetings.
· Monthly Progress Reports on the status of the work plan activities are due by the 5th of each month.
· Quarterly Financial Reports on all actual and encumbered expenses are due by the 5th of the month.
· End of Program Financial Report is due no later than 45 calendar days following the completion of the program.
· End of Program Evaluation Report is due no later than 45 calendar days following the completion of the program.
· The KFHC should be visible on all rewards, incentives, marketing and promotional items when possible.
· Any changes to the approved program or budget must be received in writing and approved by KFHC.
· Program activities must commence within 45 calendar days from the 1st day of school.
· End of Year Reward must be tied to the school’s work plan and cannot exceed 40% of total grant funds.
· Applicants must serve Medi-Cal beneficiaries and low income students.
· Applicants must be a public school or district dependent charter school that serves students from Kindergarten up to 12th Grade in Kern County, California.
· Applicants that have previously participated in the KFHC School Wellness Grant Program are not eligible to reapply.
· Program expenses must be tied to the approved student wellness program objectives. Professional development, staffing, utilities, and furniture are not eligible expenses.
· Applicants must prepare and submit a completed School Wellness Grant Program Application, Work Plan and Proposed Budget.
· Preference will be given to applicants that demonstrate readiness and motivation to successfully implement the program, commitment to the program at all levels (from administrative staff to teachers), ability to engage in regular communication with the program liaison, and plans for sustaining the program after the conclusion of the program.
· A public notice announcing the application period along with the grant application will be made available at www.kernfamilyhealthcare.com and mailed by request when made in writing.
Click here to download a copy of the grant application.
· Completed applications must be submitted during the application period, and received no later than the application deadline, April 9, 2019.
· Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The KFHC Wellness Committee will review eligible applications, conduct follow-up interviews and make recommendations to the CEO for grant awards.
Questions? Contact: email@example.com